Monday, July 06, 2009

Best 4th of July EVER!!!







If you have followed this blog, you will see that I do not like loud noises-- especially fireworks! I usually hide in the bathroom and have an awful night on the 4th of July. However, this year was great because we live in a city that had an "official" fireworks display far enough that I did not hear anything. Plus, Mom and Dad knew when the display would begin and end, and during that time, we all had a sing-a-long and danced to different music on the stereo. Our new speakers really helped. We listened to the whole CD soundtrack to "A Mighty Wind", heard selections from the Bee Gees, Everclear, Bruce Springsteen, and The Mamas and Papas. It was so fun that I never even went into the bathroom at all! Moses and Magellan sat by Mom and loved her singing. Brooke sat on the sofa and chewed a bone. I mainly followed Dad around and played some indoor fetch, tug, and other horseplay. Thanks to all my friends and neighbors who refrained from having personal firework shows, and this is definately a positive outcome of our local severe drought.






Your pal,






Lazarus

No comments: