Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Trip to Oklahoma




It is Spring Break, so our pack (except for Grace) took a trip to Southeastern Oklahoma. While many of my pals at the University prefer warmer spots like Corpus Christi or South Padre, I really enjoyed our trip. I am a true Labrador Retriever, and I prefer the water cold, the air misty, and the temperature slightly above freezing. It was cold and rainy, but that didn't stop me from SWIMMING! It was 42 degrees, perfect for a dip in my opinion. While the car was cramped, I had fun at 2 State Parks and swam at both! I didn't want to get back in the car after all that fun! Moses and I also had tons of fun staying in the hotel. We stayed one night in Muskogee because it was the closest dog friendly place, and we got to run and play in their play-yard, and I barked at the neighboring horse and donkey.

During the travels, we got to stop at fun places like Rudy's BBQ in Waco where Dad shared two ribs with me. We also stopped at the Bass Pro Shop in Dallas. I had a lot of fun but I couldn't figure out how to get out to the reservoir where people test out the boats. I had already been swimming twice that day though. Anyway, it was a great weekend, and a truly beautiful part of the country.

Your Pal,
-Lazie

No comments: