Monday, August 18, 2008

Memphis Trip




Julie and I took a quick trip last week to Memphis, Tennessee. We had a lot of fun getting away for a few days and we really lucked our because the weather was great in Memphis. It was unseasonable cool and dry. We attended a Memphis Redbirds baseball game. They are the AAA team for the St. Louis Cardinals and Julie got to take her picture with the mascot, Rocky. We also ate breakfast at the Arcade Restaurant which was one of Elvis Presley's favorites in Memphis. Here, I am doing my best "Fat Elvis" impression, but I did not order the banana and peanut butter sandwich. We also toured Sun Records Studio. Here I was able to play one of Roy Orbison's guitars! The tour was very cool and interactive. Laz, Moses, and Grace had a friend come over and stay with them while we were gone.

Kevin

No comments: