Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pedernales Falls State Park Trip




Hi all, Lazie here.

Last weekend, we took a real fun trip to Pedernales Falls State Park near Johnson City, Texas. I had never been out in that part of the Hill Country before, but I really liked it. Because the park was not busy, I got to be off-leash a lot of the time and I even went swimming near the falls even though humans were warned not to swim there. We walked around the falls with Mom being excited about the geological sheeting and Dad finding the small whirlpools interesting in a erosion context. Moses loved it too and actually wore himself out as he fell asleep in the car before we even left the park territory. I love state parks, and encourage you all to get out sometime soon and enjoy one for yourself. My recommendations are:

1. Pedernales Falls-- it's on my mind
2. Turtle River State Park, Larimore, ND-- I can't forget my roots
3. Western Trails Historic Center, Council Bluffs, Iowa-- Along the Missouri River


Your pal,

Laz

No comments: