Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas 2006



I thought it would be a good idea to have a variety of perspectives on Christmas from the Romig pack. I will start by saying that while it was nice seeing Julie's family, it was a lot of hard work hosting, cooking, and cleaning up for seven people and two eager dogs. For Christmas Eve dinner, I made some steak with baked potatoes, and for Christmas Day, I got the smoker out and cooked a rack of pork ribs and a beef brisket. Julie added some cornbread (thanks to June's egg) and some egg noodles. The boys greatly enjoyed scraps from those meals.
As you can see in the photos, we had a lot of presents, and I received a Nebraska football jersey from the Eureks (Nebraskans) that I will enjoy. This is especially for you Brad!
My final parting thoughts are that while I like the Alamo a lot, I hope to have a respite from touring the site since I have been there four times this month, and I would like to thank all the people who have hosted me for the holidays in the past, especially Verna Juska who was my inspiration this week.

Happy New Year!

Kevin

1 comment:

lunkhead said...

I can relate to the trips to the Alamo! We only go when we have family in town that has never seen it.