Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Update on Tenure and Promotion






At the end of last week, Dad received a very strong vote from the Geography department personnel committee in favor of tenure and promotion. This has been a long probationary period that included his two years at North Dakota as well as the five years at Texas State. We are very proud of him and this means a significant raise, a promotion to associate professor, and a lot less stress. I am hoping that this means a lot more of Dad being at home, more visits to campus and his office, and I think we should have more ice cream. To show the pack's appreciation of his efforts, we arranged the following photographs...

LAZIE


P.S. Dad specifically thanked me for my unwavering support of him over this tenure-track era. I came aboard two months into this process, and I have been along for the ride ever since.

No comments: