Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Volunteering



I am volunteering at the San Marcos Animal Shelter. My job there is to walk the dogs, love the dogs and cats, help socialize the animals, give treats, hugs and love to the animals. It is very rewarding and also difficult. I truly love these animals, and I wish they could all go to nice homes. Unfortunately, not that many people come to adopt. I try to give them as much love and attention as I can until they find a good forever home always mindful that it is, unfortunately, a kill shelter.

Today, I am happy because one of my favorite dogs was adopted. I know she is so happy at her new place. She was ready to go, and I know she'll do great. Please pray with me that all the dogs find great people to love and care for them. The shelter is a stressful place for the animals and they could all use your prayers.

Some of their stories are really heartbreaking, so if you think you might have a little extra love, and space for one more being, I KNOW a shelter dog would be grateful.

-Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should get stars in your crown--or at least multiple pats on the back--for doing this. I don't know if I could. Giving these animals some affection and joy is so important; it may be the first time they ever experienced these things.